Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thank God That's Over!!

So, it's done. The house deal fell apart like the ground above our leach field.. the douche bags (which in my opinion no longer deserve the title of "the people with average shoes") withdrew their offer last night. I found this out after having dinner with my good friend.. Apparently, they don't want to have to replace the septic if it fails in a few years.. My realtor's last ditch effort was to offer them a warranty on the septic for a year.. something I wasn't totally comfortable with. They wanted no part of that, and only wanted us to come down on our price.
Basically, we told them to fuck off.. which felt really good! I guess they forgot that we had come down almost $20,000 already! I'm not desperate, we don't have to move right away.. I loved the house we found, but we're going to bend over any more for these douche bags! The only thing that is giving me comfort, is knowing that those asses spent way more than we did with all their inspections.. and that of course is non refundable! hah! I'm partially relieved.. I was NOT looking forward to packing! ;)

No comments: