Thursday, July 05, 2007

This waiting is killing me!

ugh.. Ok, here's the update on the "house.." We have yet to receive an offer from the couple with nice shoes.. although my realtor is still under the impression that we'll be getting one from them.. but she still thinks we should have an open house this weekend.. ok, makes sense.. My husband got a call yesterday from our realtor telling us that the house we wanted, was being negotiated.. they had gotten an offer. We knew that was going to happen.. and I was pissed! I had asked our realtor if we could make an offer, and was told that we couldn't make one until our house was under contract. That to me made no sense, but hey, I'm not the expert. So, I mulled this over for a few minutes, and got on the phone. I was quite proud of myself for doing this. I called my realtor, who asked me if I was "sad" about the house, and I said no, I was pissed. I then told her this was what we were going to do. We were going to make a full price offer, contingent on the sale of our home, in a week (since we're just waiting for that offer). She didn't hesitate, or tell me that she didn't think it would work, she just did it. Several hours later, we were under contract with the house! They accepted our offer, and now we just have to sell our place (in a week..) maybe.. Anyway, at least we tried.. if our house doesn't sell to the people in the nice shoes, then at least I'll know we did what we could. I think I should get a cut of our realtor's commission.. maybe?? I'm keeping my fingers crossed.. I've already mentally moved in.. decorated.. inside and out.. Hope it happens.. Oh, and thanks to blogless, who grew up across the street for telling me that she thinks someone died in that house.. great! Now I know why the price was so right.. you can really get a steal when a house is spiritually occupied!

1 comment:

christhadasister said...

I agree with ctale- your realtor is a bit of a flake and deserves only a portion of the comission she's going to earn. I'm proud of you for standing up for yourself and getting done what she should have! Good luck! Can't wait to hear if you get to move into a haunted house (do you think the boys will mind??:)