Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Four eyes?? How bout 6??

My oldest son, who has been wearing glasses since February had his vision screened again today at school. It was coincidental that I happened to be sitting outside of the nurses office today with the babies waiting for son # 2 to finish his speech therapy (don't we sound like one big labeled family full of issues??) Anyway, she saw me and told me that his vision had gone from 20/50 to 20/100. In only 9 months? Needless to say, I'm a bit concerned, although honestly, she didn't appear to be, so that made me feel a bit better. She was surprised that his vision with his glasses was still within the norm considering how much it's deteriorated. Of course this has sent my neurotic husband calling everyone he knows, including our pediatrician (who suggested we make another appointment with our opthamologist) and go on line trying to find out the worst case scenario (like if the kid is going blind.. or not) I on the other hand, am not worried (yet) what's the point? And in most cases, I don't get to worry because all the worrying is scooped up by my husband, and I am left to reassure him that it's going to be fine, and be the rock, and the glue that holds us all together.. a tiring, and surprisingly thankless position.

Anyway, he's fine.. he's going to be fine, he's just going to have to wear his glasses ALL the time. And someday, when he's older, and if he qualifies, we'll do the lasik thing, and that'll be that.

I can not wait to get to bed tonight.. My husband has started playing indoor soccer again- something I swore he'd be able to do again when the babies weren't quite so much work.. Alas here we are.. the babies are practically raising themselves at this point, much like the boys, so play on my love! Have fun.. I'll just be crying myself to sleep while you run around on fake grass and sweat stinky sweat.. oy vey!

No comments: