Friday, November 16, 2007

Table For Eight..

My sister, her daughter, her twins, myself, my youngest son, and my twins went to breakfast this morning.. I gotta say, when she called and invited me, it didn't sound all that appealing.. but it actually went really well. We got the biggest table there (surprise) Her boys were wonderful and slept through the entire meal.. my girls were great, and the two older ones were well behaved as well. This will make the first time that all us twins have gone out in public.. And much to my surprise, no one made any comments, or said "wow, you have your hands full" I was surprised.
After breakfast, I got to volunteer at my son's preschool. This was an exhausting experience. I don't know how his teachers do it. 3 of them with 17 four year olds! They really run an organized classroom though, and the kids have so much fun. My son was the most quiet I have ever seen him. I was shocked at what a different kid he is in this environment. And most pleased as well. He reminded me a lot of his big brother in the way he just sits back and takes it all in. He gets into some of it, but he's definitely cautious. He was really happy for me to be there, and share this with him. If anything it gave me a new understanding of him, and just what a great kid he is. I don't get to see that side of him too often.. when he's at home pile driving his brother, whining incessantly. It was nice.. ahhh.. And today is Friday, which I usually love.. the thought of maybe getting a nap (I really do live to take naps.. it's kind of scary) But not this weekend. My husband is going to be away recording a demo with his band.. so I'm a single mother of 4 this weekend.. Just what I always aspired to be.. I'm so proud! There is a silver lining though.. my girls are coming to hang out with me tomorrow, and see my sister's babies.. ctale, and blogless.. So, that's going to be a lot of fun.. Then on Sunday, the kids and I will hang out, and hopefully they'll all entertain each other and leave me be, maybe let me take a nap, or even watch a show on t.v. or maybe do some sewing.. hah! Right! That'll happen right after the monkeys fly out of my ass! Ok, gotta go.. Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got the wine!