Friday, November 02, 2007

TGIF!!

I can't even begin to express how happy I am that today is Friday.. even though this week has literally flown by, I'm still happy that the weekend is upon us, and my dear husband will be home so that maybe at some point this weekend I can get a nap! It's all about the sleep people!
My youngest son is sick, or at least he was last night.. Burdened with a terrible cough, one of those coughs that sound like it just hurts to breath. I spent the first part of the night in his bed, facing the wall so that he wasn't coughing right in my face.. Then we spent the rest of the night on the couch, with his little frame propped up on pillows.. that seemed to help a bit. Miraculously, the babies slept 12 hours straight (well, minus 15 minutes that one of them spent crying..but then stopped and passed out after realizing that no one was coming for her..poor baby!) This would have been a great night sleep for me, but alas, with 4 kids there is no such thing right now.. someday when they are all older..and not ridden with colds, or scared to death by a bad dream, or an unfamiliar sound, then Man! I am going to get some really good sleep!! At least that's my plan.. You gotta have a plan with 4 kids..something to look forward to! Even if it's something you might not get for years, it's still something!

1 comment:

Leigh said...

I hear you and I only have one baby! Sleep to me now is like GOLD. I'd would PAY for sleep. K was up at 4 today and I got up w/her. at 6 Kreblog came out and I told him "it's ok, go back to sleep" by 7:45 I was ready to cry though and asked Kreblog if he could take over. He did and when I climbed back into bed it felt like Xmas morning! Just that one hour - all to myself - and in my BED - not the couch or a chair....it's heaven! I hope you got your nap!