Friday, January 04, 2008

Making my skin crawl..

Has anyone else seen that Kia commercial, using the song "Maniac" from the movie Flashdance? I gotta say, when I first saw it, I thought, this could be funny.. but then nothing funny ever happened. And it left me feeling awkwardly uncomfortable.. especially when the guy practically dry humps the front bumper of the car.. I'm also confused as to who they are trying to sell their cars to, the affordable Kia.. to younger people?? People who may not understand the Flashdance reference (although, really, who hasn't this movie?? young or old, right? it's a classic..)
I'm just sayin.. it was a weird visual experience, and makes me scramble for the remote every time it comes on..

2 comments:

Leigh said...

.....I like that ad! Seriously - it makes me laugh. I tend to really like the KIA ads though, one of my favorite ones they did was the couple in "Kiamatch.com" I don't think I'd buy a KIA though, so not sure what that says about me!

Unknown said...

amen.