Tuesday, January 15, 2008

We Survived the First Day..

My niece and nephews were with us today, and I'm happy to report that I didn't once want to run from my house screaming. It actually went very well. With the exception of my own girls, everyone behaved beautifully. My poor girls have got their most painful teeth coming, and 18 months is always a tricky, tiring age.. They are polar opposites too, one is the mother hen and just wants to touch the babies, and feed the babies and generally smother them with her love. While the other one just wants to be the center of my world, and not move herself from my lap all day.. which naturally is difficult when you have 2 three month old babies that require more than just a mere propped bottle. But alas, I did it. And I must say, there is a certain pride that I feel knowing that everyone ended their day happy, no one was seriously hurt (my mother hen did toss a light children's book at one of the boys head when I refused to let her take his binky out of his mouth for the umpteenth time.. he only cried for a second!) And I'll be ready to do it again tomorrow.. and I imagine by the end of my first week, my Friday nights are going to be something I look forward to more than ever! Anyhoo, here's a pic of the newest additions to my daily chaos!

1 comment:

christhadasister said...

You will have to update your profile to say that watching my kids DOES indeed make you legally and clinically insane! I don't know how you do it, but I'm so glad you do!!! :)