Friday, January 04, 2008

What happened to Ween?

I've been hearing the most annoying song on the radio lately.. at first I thought it was David Bowie, and instantly thought, man, he's getting old. Then later (much later) I found out it was Ween.. the funky fun loving weird Ween of my mid twenties.. and then I thought, man, am I getting old!
The lyrics (in case you haven't been burdened yourself by hearing it) are bizarre, to say the least.. "we had the best time at your party.. the wife and I thank you very much" (over and over) and "the meat carved was drawn from succulent juices served on platters on the purest gold" And the worst part.. I never change the channel.. I don't know if I'm secretly loving it, or if it's like a train wreck and I just can't believe what it is I'm witnessing..

1 comment:

Granite said...

Their "country" album is pretty good