Tuesday, September 01, 2009

First Day..



My boys had their first day of school yesterday. I'm still trying to figure out how they got so grown up already. 1st and 4th grade.. where has the time gone? They came home yesterday, excited, and exhausted (at least the youngest one) He complained about the dinner he asked me to make for him (his favorite dish, plain noodles and italian sausage cooked on the grill..) Apparently, it wasn't what he "really" wanted.. It's going to be an adjustment going full days, and getting to bed early enough so that he's not totally wiped by days end.
Only two more years, and my girls will be joining them at school.. I have mixed emotions on that.. clearly, I'm going to have do something different with my days.. babysitting will have run it's course by then.. and I may be back in the work force (at normal hours) with the rest of the population.. but we shall see.. for now, I'm just trying to enjoy my last couple of years at home with the kiddo's.. if I haven't lost all of my hair or jumped from the roof by then!

2 comments:

christhadasister said...

"babysitting will have run it's course by then" What are you trying to say??

Unknown said...

well, I'll probably still watch your boys. if your pets haven't eaten them, and if they haven't eaten each other.. ;)
and btw, babysitting has so already run it's course!! I do it for love.. ;)