Saturday, September 05, 2009

Fantasy Football...

The time of the year that I dread is upon us again.. Football season. Along with the dreaded fall, comes the most uncomprehendable sport on the planet. I'm not sure what it is about this sport that I can't put my finger on, but for the life of me, I can not figure it out. It seriously can not be that difficult, I mean, the men playing this sport aren't exactly rocket scientists.
Every year I try to get my husband to explain it to me. Usually during a big game,where my questions are only annoying and his small amount of patience in explaining the sport to me (again) is waining.
Along with the beginning of the football season, comes with it, fantasy football. Another thing I just don't get. My husband is in two leagues, which leaves him on the computer all weekend, and in front of the t.v. for games I wish he would read about in the news, on  line or whatever.
One year he won. This put some money in the bank, which is always nice. However, for the amount of money it takes to play in these fantasies, and the time spent getting his line up ready, is hardly worth it.
Today he is at the first draft. Later this week, he'll do the second. I'm home with the kids, like I always am.. I told him that I wanted to go out tonight.. his solution? We'd get take out from one of our favorite restaurants. There must be a game on.. Can't wait til February, when the bowls of all bowls is done, and so is the fantasy season.. maybe then I can get my husband back.. at least until opening day at Fenway!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

same here. except for the fantasy part. or at least i am not aware of it. i usually knit during games.