Monday, September 14, 2009

Kenaleen Garvey

I have no idea who this woman is, but it would appear that when we changed our phone service from vonage to comcast a couple of months back, we got her old number.
I would have thought that we could have kept our old number (one I sorely miss.. I know how stupid that sounds, but I really really miss my old number..) However, my husband was told we couldn't keep it, and were forced to get the lame ass number that once belonged to a Miss Kenaleen Garvey.
You would think that when she got her new number, or died or whatever happened to her, that maybe it would have been conveyed to other parties trying to reach her. Sadly, this is not the case. I get more phone calls during the day for her, than I do for myself. And these are not happy phone calls that Miss Garvey (or Gravy as she has been called on more than one occasion) is recieving. Creditors.. oh the lovely creditor. They are always suspicious, and most often call back when I tell them they have the wrong number.. weird that they don't believe me huh?
In a vain effort today, I called comcast, and begged to get my old phone number back. Unfortunately, vonage owns the phone number, and they couldn't do that for me. They did offer to give  me another number, but the thought of having to send out huge emails to all my friends and family with yet another number seemed like a waste of time. I guess I'll just have to keep taking calls for Kenaleen, and hope that one day they'll believe me when I say I have no idea who she is!

No comments: