Monday, September 14, 2009

Good Intentions..

I wake up everyday with the best of intentions. Like this morning, it's my day off from babysitting, so I knew I had to do a few things that I could only do on my day off. First being a trip to the D.M.V. to renew my very expired drivers license, and the only reason I was doing this was because on Friday I made arrangements to switch my car insurance, and found out that my license  had expired back in my birthday month of June.. yes, I knew this, but time is something I have very little of, and the thought of standing in line at the D.M.V. with my 2 three year olds sounded less than inviting.
I did however, manage to get there this morning, fill out my paper work and wait in line with the girls who anxiously chewed on their sweatshirts as the heat of people starring at them wondering if in fact they were twins drove them over the edge. Forty five minutes or so later we got my temporary i.d. (they will mail me the new one in 60 days or so..) and headed to the girls favorite store.. Walmart.. got what we needed and headed home.
I found 7 missed calls on my phone, all from  my older sister, with one voicemail instructing me to call her back asap. Assuming someone had died, I called her back only to find that she was craving chinese food and wanted me to come meet her for lunch. I turned her down, only because my intentions for the rest of the day did not include a chinese buffet, but rather laundry, dishes, and scrubbing my black kitchen cabinets (they are dust magnets let me tell you!)
15 minutes or so later, my sister showed up, and insisted we go to lunch with her.. Her treat. Fine. Like I can turn down free chinese food! So, the girls and I went to lunch, they were of course on their best behavior, and despite one of them spilling their entire glass of water on herself, and myself, we ate away, and headed back home.
So, now with my belly all full of chinese food, and much to do, I am blogging. I should be cleaning.. I should be doing a lot. But after blogging, I'm guessing I might curl up with my girls on the couch and have a nice snuggle and read some stories.. Like the road to hell, my life is most often paved with good intentions.. and a hundred distractions!

1 comment:

Beth P. said...

Now I want Chinese food!

Sounds like a productive day to me, seeing that going to the DMV in NH is about as fun as getting three cavities filled. I would be proud just for accomplishing that much!