Monday, September 07, 2009

Suck it Fall!

I'm about to bathe all the kids.. even the 9 year old still likes baths..
He's been sick this past weekend. Fever, headache, nausea.. Naturally, my husband was on line looking up the swine flu and h1n1 symptoms.. I encouraged him to call our pediatrician's, but slowly he settled down and now my son is feeling much better.
It was chilly today.. sort of. Not chilly where we needed a sweater, but chilly that at dinnertime we had closed all the window's. Fall bums me out. Big time. It's hard saying goodbye to the nice summer weather, when we know that the fall takes us into the long, cold, dark months of winter.  Every year, I try to think of it differently, and I believe every year I blog about how much this time of year pisses me off, but I always keep the same shitty attitude.. One day I'll snap out of it.. and one day I'll be dead, which is probably when I won't give a crap about the winter in New England.
Anyway, in other equally depressing news, I packed up our pop up camper today. It's been sitting in our driveway all summer, waiting to be taken out.. but alas it sat there, and only set foot on a campground once this summer.. More important than how many times we took it out, was how many times we slept out there..which might sound lame, but the kids loved it. We had many a night sitting around our chiminea, watching dvd's, eating popcorn.. We made memories this summer, despite not leaving our yard.
My mom is still living with us. We've been talking to contractors and are going to be building her an apartment over our garage. It's perfect really. She'll have her own seperate space, and will still be close by.. the girls are head over heels with their Oma.. If they aren't under my foot, then they are up her ass. She claims not to mind..
Anyway, I've got 4 kids to clean and one twin who is currently at my feet yelling something about the wonder pets.. and trying to hit her sister at the same time.. nighty night!

1 comment:

christhadasister said...

I feel the same way. I am so dreading the winter months. I hope this year the kids (and adults) aren't as sick as they were last year! Cabin fever is the only "illness" I want to get this year!