Thursday, September 10, 2009

13

Thirteen used to be my favorite number.. since 7th grade, when it was the number of the cutest soccer player in the school.
Since the day I met the medium, it's now a number I dread.. He mentioned something of significance with the number 13. He didn't know what significance it held, but I didn't get the impression that it was something that would affect my life in a positive way.
Every month, on the 13th day, I hold my breath. I don't relax until everyone is tucked into bed and safe and sound... there have been nights when my husband has been out at a show, and I can't close my eyes til I hear the door open at 2 a.m. (ah, the life of a rock star!)
When my youngest son got his concussion, it was the 5th day of the 8th month.. 8 and 5 equal 13..he was also born on the 13th.. These were the thoughts running through my head as I drove him to the ER. Maybe that was the 13th the medium was talking about.. I don't know.. I wish I never knew..

5 comments:

Heidi said...

did you ever see "The Number 23" movie? your post reminds me of that movie.

Unknown said...

Is that the one with Jim Carey? I always wanted to see it, but never did.. hmmm..now I'll have to!

christhadasister said...

Are you feeling anxious now because the 13th is Sunday... and I'll be traveling.. on a boat and then on major highways...don't hold your breath for me, though! I will be holding it for myself!!

Robin said...

Since I don't really know you, this may seem weird, but I've thought about you a few times today. When I switched my calendar this morning to 13 I thought immediately of this post. Hoping your day is going well!

Unknown said...

Thank you Robin! So far my day is going well.. I really wish that I could just be oblivious, and not even think about the 13th, curse that medium! ;)