Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ouch!

My poor little nephew.. 22 months old, and he spent his day today in an emergency room on Long Island. Being the curious little boy he is, he thought he would see what would happen if he tried touching a decorative plate display on his grandma's wall.. turns out, it got him 6o stiches!! yes, 60.. thankfully, they had a plastic surgeon stitch him up, and he's going to be just fine. It breaks my heart to see this picture (and yes, grosses me out a bit too..) He just can not help but explore everything around him, with no fear.. no understanding yet of consequences.
I hear he was a trooper, and despite the severe laceration he got, he still managed to smile, and revel in the attention..

2 comments:

Beth P. said...

Oh my goodness! Poor little guy, I hope he's all better in no time!

xianfern said...

Beth
He seems to be doing great..quite a scare for his folks though!! Hopefully he has a quick recovery, and little scarring.. we shall see!