Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Two Sets of Twins can be a BITCH!

At this very moment, I am outside on my front porch (I just love wi-fi). I  have my sister's kids today, and they are all currently hanging with my girls on the other side of the porch.. having a snack.. It has been a nightmare of a morning, like they usually are. All the twins have been trying to bite the other ones, or push them to the ground, or just randomly smack them in the mouth. I really can't wait til they have enough respect for each other to try and not kill the other ones. Would that require respect, or just a simple sense of humanity? I'm not sure.. whatever it is, it's exhausting.
I talked to my good friend blogless this morning, who's twins are 3 months old today. I'm so happy for her, that she is reaching that point in which her own twins are going to become easier (in one sense). I will never forget the day that I realized my own set of twins were hitting that mark.. the point in their lives when both my husband and I thought that maybe we could handle this.. I will also never forget the time my sister called me to tell me that she was having twins.. and the complete dread that I felt thinking, "crap, I said I would watch the second" meaning that I would also have to watch the third. I was pretty much just recovering from the infancy of my own twins, and the thought of being such an intirgal part of my own's twins twins did nothing to help me get out of bed in the morning.. Yet, here I am.. a month shy of the boys turning 2, and I think about what a breeze their infancy was. They were the BEST babies ever! Truly, they were.. but toddlers? Jeesh, there's another story.. I love them. With all my heart. They are afterall genetically half mine (hehe) but they are also exhausting, brutal, and totally full of BOY! I know that someday they aren't going to be so hard.. and that I will finally sit back and say to myself (and not my husband this time) "wow, I think I can do this.." but until then, wish me luck.. cause most days I'm not sure if I can...

3 comments:

blogless said...

GOOD LUCK
you know I don't know how you do it. there just isn't enough alcohol to ease the pain or medication to make me forget enough to get outta bed every day for that torture. On the other hand, there might be enough alcohol or pills to sedate the kids....

Helene said...

Oh I totally get it!! I have two sets of twins...my 1st set are 4 yrs old and my 2nd set are 2 yrs old and they fight like cats and dogs on most days. Somedays I think I may actually go insane from all the chaos.

But on the other hand, they can be so joyful. And when they all do get along, it's nice that they have each other to play with. They can never complain that they're bored, that's for sure!

Hang in there!

Jen said...

Yep I am there with ya! My first set are 5 and the second set 4. We have all out screaming matches complete with hair pulling and tears. They have also entered that fine world of girls with clubs. They often exclude each other not letting one set or the other into their club. I am terrified for high school!