Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sunday..

My husband is at a soccer game tonight.. which means I have the wonderful task of getting the boys bathed and ready for bed. That's always amusing, especially with the younger one terrorizing his older brother in the tub. My poor older boy, scared to death of his little brother. Always hitting him, or splashing him in the tub. Taking away his toys or stealing his underwear (he usually ends up wearing his Incredibles underwear over his pants, it's the David Lee Roth look all over again!)
On Friday I took the boys in for their 2 and 5 year checkups. They both are right on schedule with their height, and weight. No shots this time, thank god, there's nothing worse than watching your kid get poked with a needle, while you hold them down.. I'm surprised they have any trust in me whatsoever. My older son went first, showing his little brother the ropes. He did a great job, he took nice big breaths while the doctor listened to his heart and lungs. He opened wide so that he could look in his mouth. And he even layed down and let the doctor examine his privates, what a trooper! My youngest watched on anxiously while his older brother did what he was supposed to, then put on a brave face and let the doctor do his exam. It went very smoothly, and didn't involve anyone hitting the doctor (you never know with the little one) And we almost got away scott free of any issues. But then my olders son speech came into play. We decided that he could use an evaluation with a therapist. He talks fine to me, and of course I understand everything he says- but considering I'm with him 24-7, that makes sense. I don't think he's got any major speech issues, but he's definitely got some articulation issues. I'm hoping that it's going to be an easy fix, and won't interfere with his school in the fall...I'm so afraid of him being labeled. Of course everything about him starting school scares me.. It's hard to imagine just handing him over to someone for 5 hours a day, someone that will discipline him, and teach him.. Someone that's going to one day be important to him.. can't he just stay my baby forever?? He's already told me that he wants to marry me.. I'm going to miss one day not being his world.. I know that it's a healthy thing for him to get out there and be with his peers.. I just didn't know it was going to happen so quickly!
Well, I've got to start on my evening duties with the boys.. as much as I would love to sit down and have a glass of wine.. I don't see that happening.. If I do get them to bed at a decent hour, I'll be too friggin tired to do anything but go to bed with them! It's such a glamorous life I lead!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about home schooling? You'd be the only one who needs to understand what he's saying and no messing with labels... think about it!