Monday, May 09, 2005

Monday..

Ugh, what a crazy weekend. Mother's day has come and gone, thankfully.. all the guilt that comes with it hasn't seemed to linger like it usually does. I didn't get my mom anything but a card. I can't seem to remember what I did last year, but I think it involved some sort of gift.. maybe I'll make it up later. That's never the same though.. My husband tried to make up my lousy mothers day by getting take out. He really messed it up this year. The only thing I requested was a nap! I couldn't have made it any easier on him than that. So if all I want is a nap, which by the way was with my 2 year old, so it's not like I got to stretch out and really enjoy a good sleep, then don't you think he would have just let me go, have my nap, and definitely, under no circumstance wake me up in the middle of it? Poor dum dum. He woke me up about 20 minutes into my glorious nap, my mothers day gift to myself, to tell me that he was going to buy me a plant and stop at the grocery store. The house wasn't on fire, and my older son hadn't swallowed something fatal. So what the hell was he doing waking me on my very special day?? Ugh. Needless to say it ended up being a bitter battle about how I was being selfish, and how he was an ass. I won. I haven't decided what I'm doing (or not doing) for Father's Day. Maybe I'll take the higher road and actually show some appreciation for what he does as a dad.
I should stop.. now I'm feeling guilty. He's really a great guy, and I'm lucky to have shared the past 14 years with him. As lucky as he is to have won my heart and remained in my life. He was a huge help at the party! Especially when the tent we borrowed blew over in a huge wind gust and when we ran out of propane and had to "grill" the burgers on my pancake griddle, and cook the hotdogs in the toaster oven. Great fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy belated mothers day. I think for father's day you should buy your husband some propane..

Anonymous said...

isn't it sad that you're twin sister is pretty much the only one that responds to you.....