Monday, May 23, 2005

Wiggle Wiggle you're the one..

I'm in love.. His name is Anthony.. he's cute and dreamy, and is great with kids. In fact, he used to be a kindergarten teacher. He plays the drums, and the guitar. He can sing too! He's from Austrailia so he has the most wonderful accent. My husband knows all about this, so do my kids.. My oldest one will tell you that Anthony's my boyfriend.
I never would have known about Anthony if it wasn't for my children, and their slight obsession with The Wiggles.. Anthony is the blue one, and the undisputed cutest of the quartet. That's an unfortunate drawback about kids programming, for me anyway. When you've spent hours listening to their music, and watching their shows and their movies, you're bound to let your mind wander a bit.. Like, I wonder what Anthony looks like without his blue shirt on.. or what's under those black pants.. hmm.. I know it's sick, and I'd be the first one to tell you that if he was just walking down the street, I probably wouldn't give him a second look. But since he's in my house all the time, either playing on the cd player, or on the tv, then I'm going to start to wonder. Of course I wondered first about what kind of man would get on stage and dance like a caveman, or be best friends with a friggin dinosaur. Those thoughts were fleeting when I realized that it's genius. The Wiggles are millionaires, and marketing moguls! They've tapped into a huge audience that buys their shit up, parents of small children, the biggest suckers ever!
Well, this has what my life has become.. my days of being in love with Dave Matthews, or other real rock stars are long gone, replaced by an average type of guy who kids adore...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

........so does that mean because I'm in your house all the time and I dance and sing, you think about me as well?