Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Who brought the retard???

Those words just slipped right out.. in our usual friendly banter.. which, by the way is not usually very friendly..And when I say it "slipped" out, it didn't actually slip out all the way.. the last word ended in "re" when the person in question got a handle of the foot she was putting in her mouth, but it was too late, we all knew what she had just said.
It wouldn't have been such a huge faux pas if we weren't invited guests at the home of our friend who has taken in her sister with downs syndrome. But my friend (the one whose home we were at) who has quicker wit than anyone I know, answered her question about who brought the retard.. by saying that she actually lives there.
This sounds much worse than it actually was, and my friend that said it is in fact a very nice individual, sensitive and caring.. that is when she's not making a total ass out of herself. I'm pretty sure that the word retard isn't going to come out of her very loud mouth again.. I'm sure she'll say something else totally inappropriate soon, but til then, we still love her!

No comments: