Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Power Tools

This will be quick as I've got 3 kids 2 and under in my care, and my ever so helpful 5 yr old.
I've got a hobby or two.. one of them is making signs.. this is how queer I've become in my 30's..sign making and quilting! Good lord I sound like my grandmother. Anyway, over the weekend I bought some wood for my husband to cut for me. I've got a couple of signs to make for a sister in law, she wants them for her husband for father's day. So, I'm thinking I really should start them soon, and have been making suggestions to my husband to cut the wood.. I couldn't just come out and tell him, that would be nagging, and I certainly wouldn't want to be accused of that. So after the wood just sat there for 3 days, I decided that I could cut it myself.. I am afterall a very capable and intelligent woman, I've got a house full of kids for christ sake, I can cut some friggin wood!
Hmm.. maybe not.. Luckily I didn't lose a finger, or get a stray splinter in my eye.. What the hell was I thinking?? The wood is now on my deck in split up pieces, not quite sign quality! I only wanted to use the circular saw to cut a straight line right through the wood.. not make the horrible mess that I did.
I guess the point is that I have no business with power tools..not yet anyway. My husbands not going to be too psyched about this either. Next time, maybe he'll just save me the hassle and money of having to get some more wood, and just do it for me! He should know that when I want something done, I want it done like yesterday! Or, maybe I'll just practice and learn how to do it myself.. yea, I'll do that right after the monkey's fly out of my ass!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's some wood you can't stop men from touching but then there's other wood that you can't get him to touch with a 10 foot pole, or in your case, a circular saw!
(seriously, are these sites monitored?)

Anonymous said...

I hope they're not monitored, because I should sign off at this point if they are....

moral of your story is, stick to what your good at:

a woman, at home, barefoot and babysitting