Friday, October 21, 2005

In an effort to get my great big butt, not so big, and maybe sort of great, I've given up coffee. I've heard that caffeine will slow down your metabolism, and the rest of your systems. It's all part of a larger plan to try and eat healthier, exercise, yada yada. But the headaches have been murder. I was never a coffee drinker, I sometimes had tea, and occasionally would get a coffee from Dunkin Donuts, as a treat. But last year, I was hosting a baby shower for a friend, a brunch, so I went out and bought a coffee maker. Since then I've been brewing it everyday, enjoying at least 3 wonderful cups... looking forward to it every morning.. setting it to brew the night before so that I could wake up to that wonderful smell.. hmm... I never realized how it was going to effect me, not having it anymore! Detoxing from coffee is not fun either with 3 kids that are 2 and under! I took plenty of advil this week!
I must say though, it's gotten much better. The sharp pain in my temple is now replaced with a dull ache.. And I've lost 3 pounds! So, yee ha! But I still miss my coffee!!!

No comments: