Thursday, October 27, 2005

splat...

I totally lost my cool this afternoon in my kitchen. I was busily preparing dinner (as any good wife/mother does :) when I saw it.. A FLY! Jesus, I thought, if my kid sees that, it's going to drive him over the edge. Especially with all my talk about how bugs are dead, it's too cold, yada yada. So, with my killer instinct in check, I quickly slammed my hand down on the counter, and knew before I even hit it, that it wasn't going anywhere.. apparently, if the bugs aren't dead by this time of year, then they are pretty damn close to it. I'm thinking maybe that bug was on a suicide mission, just sitting on my counter like that! Now, this is where it gets a little gross.. bug juice was ALL over my hand, yuck, I know! I think some of it's innards may have flown across the counter into my dinner, but whatever, a little bug guts never hurt anyone, right?? Unless it's carrying EEE or something.. jesus, I hadn't even thought of that. Anyway, the point is, my son was spared another life altering moment.. and tonight he will sleep just fine in his bed lathered in bug spray!!

1 comment:

christhadasister said...

Mommy saves the day!!
Is he sleeping under the covers now that his bed is soaked in bug spray or are you dressing him in layers before bed?