Saturday, October 15, 2005

Smokey Bones..

My family and I went to Smokey Bones in Portsmouth tonight. That's quite the crazy place! First, it's a very masculine restaurant. They have wood everywhere, big ole logs of wood over the bar, the entire interior is like a huge log cabin. If that's not enough for the man in you, they then have about 30 t.v.'s, and a sound box at every table, for every t.v. My boys loved that, being t.v. junkies. My husband also enjoyed this part... why wouldn't he? Every damn t.v. had sports on it. Baseball, football, racing, golf. Am I missing one?? Jeez, how about a re-run of Friends for the ladies? Or a good episode of Designed to Sell? Would it kill them to throw on something for us? I guess that would only lead to fights over the sound box, it's bad enough when us women are at home trying to get our hands on the remote, I suppose the management of Smokey Bones didn't want the men and women jumping over the tables trying to get their hands on the sound box.
The funniest part, was when an elderly couple was being seated at the table behind us, and the host tried to explain the sound box to them. They said they weren't going to watch t.v. They were romantics.. Awh.. how sweet.. and romantic, to take your wife to a wilderness sports bar! I'm sure the guy knew that he didn't need sound to see what was happening on the football game!

2 comments:

christhadasister said...

maybe the old lady was going to smoke his bone later- that would be romantic!

Ezili said...

ewwwwww! smokin' his bone---I was thinking of a reference to all the wood, but you topped me!