Friday, October 28, 2005

Halloweenie....

My sister and I went to my son's Halloween Parade at school this morning.. It was so cute! He was a blue power ranger.. We got the costume about a month ago, and as soon as we got the suit home, he tried it on, and I discovered that the zipper was broken. I told him that we would have to return it, and that he couldn't wear it. This of course did not go over well, since he'd been waiting "all his life" to be a power ranger.. ugh. So, ok, I tear off the tags, admit defeat, and understand that it's now going to be my responsibility to fix it. Which I did. I bought some velcro, the kind that sticks.. well, that lasted about 2 minutes. Especially after my youngest found them, and tore them off and was using them as bandaids. Anwyay, no problem, I've still got like 3 weeks to fix it.. I'm a bit of a seamstress.. somewhat crafty. I can fix this stupid costume.
Ok, here's how I fixed it at 7:15 this morning.. Duct tape! Yea, that's right. I'm not sure when I'm going to learn my lesson about procrastination and parenting, but it hasn't sunk in yet. Poor kid. I duct taped him all up the back (on the inside of the suit) and then a strip on the outside. In my defense, it did actually look like part of his costume. But he couldn't stop touching it. He was so afraid it was just going to unravel (he does not yet understand the strength and the sheer brilliant ability of duct tape.. but don't worry, he will!) During the parade, when he was walking around the halls of the school, in a single line with the rest of the kindergartners, for all the parents and upper classmates to see, there he was, holding his butt, making sure he didn't fall apart. Ahhh.. I know the feeling..

No comments: