Monday, October 24, 2005

My Scardey Cat..

I've mentioned before how my 5 year old is terrified of many a things. Bugs, blowing his nose, going to the bathroom by himself.. to mention a few. It's come to a point where it's effecting many aspects of his young life. I've refused to go into the bathroom to "watch him pee" so he's gotten his 2 year old brother to stand guard against anything that might want to snip off his pecker, or pinch him in the bum (we've got some paint peeling off of a light fixture and it happens to resemble a spider..good lord!) Anyway, the night time has become a bit of a nightmare for my husband and I (but mostly for me since he seems to sleep through most of my nighttime jollies) Early, and I mean very early, Saturday morning, my oldest son woke up crying because he was cold. He had gone to bed in his boxers and a tshirt. It wouldn't have been quite so chilly for him if he didn't refuse to get under the covers, but he absolutely would not put the blankets on him. He's deathly afraid that a bug might sneak in under his covers and get him. Even though I've told him that all the bugs are dead this time of year, and that a bug would have a much better chance of getting him while he's just laying out there in the open. He didn't believe me when I told him that bugs were dumb, and couldn't find their way under his blanket. Anyway, there I was at 4am dressing him in sweat pants, and socks, bundling him up good, cursing myself for not doing this before he had gone to bed. Of course his little brother is awake, and won't go back to sleep until I get him water, and then hold his hand by the side of his bed.. which I do. But my oldest son is still whining because he's still cold! And he's still refusing to get under the covers, even though I've checked and double checked for bugs. We all ended up in my 2 year olds twin bed.. all mushed together like a bunch of friggin sardines. That is until about 6 am when my youngest decides that it's time to go downstairs, and that we're done sleeping..
So, here's how I've fixed this problem. Bug spray. I soaked his bed in it, and he's now convinced that he can cover up! Thank god! Oh, and he blowed his nose this morning, and I didn't have to bribe him with anything! Now, that's progress!! :)

1 comment:

christhadasister said...

Don't you have a cute picture to accompany this post??
So, now that his bed is soaked with bed spray, will he get under the covers?