Monday, November 21, 2005

Debauchery and the Knitting Lesson

The sleep over at Contagious' was a lot of fun. And there was no puking in anyone's recycling bin, or toilet, or restaurant bathroom. I was very well behaved.. In fact, I was up til after 2 getting a knitting lesson from Contagious. I had no idea how much I was going to love it, or how lame it would sound later!
We had dinner at a swanky restaurant in Portsmouth. The food was good, but the portions were tiny. It's one of those places that you get a huge plate, and barely anything on it. I was hungry after I left. But the drinks were good, and the company was great. We hit a bar afterwards, where we saw the "cool kids" that Contagious had referenced before. A couple of us tried to play some tunes on the jukebox, but of course we were long gone before they were played. We had a nice walk back to Contagious' house, where we had a night cap, and a knitting lesson.
The four hours of sleep that I got, were totally uninterrupted, and very sound. I left early, headed to the grocery store, then resumed my mom duties once again.. At this moment my youngest is whining at my feet.. wanting to cuddle.. So much for debauchery! But I can't wait to get some yarn, and start a-knitting!!

3 comments:

Granite said...

Yeah, I'm no fan of the big plate / small portions kind of dining. The food has to really slam you with good flavor if they're going to try and get away with that. Heavy on the MSG please!

YouWho said...

Which restaurant? Which bar?

Unknown said...

We went to Dunaways for dinner, and drinks at The Coat of Arms.. with all it's smoked filled glory!! :)