Monday, November 07, 2005

Yum Yum..

In an effort to try to get my kids to eat better, I made them sit at the table tonight, and just eat! I didn't care if they thought they didn't like it, they had to try whatever I put in front of them. Which just happened to be a delicious turkey pot pie, mashed potatoes, and their favorite veggie corn- they're favorite because of how it maintains it's identity when it escapes their little bodies..gross, I know, but they're boys!
Anyway, my oldest son was pissed! He told me that it was not his choice to have what I was making. um, my point exactly, it wasn't his choice, but dammit, he was going to try the pot pie.. So, my husband I and put our heads together (which makes about 1/4 of a parenting team) and tell him that Santa (yup our old pal Santa again) is watching, and that we're pretty sure that he just crossed another gift off his list of presents. This is all it takes for him to open wide, and indulge us. He takes the bite of the pie (which is only the crust and the gravy) and starts a chewing. You would have thought by the look on his face that we had just made him eat his own shit, and not gods marvelous creation of gravy.. He chews, and he gags a little, and then he says "mmm, this is good!" Oh, the drama, and the classic facial expressions of a 5 year old! That was the only bite he would take, but I didn't care. I was just glad that he tried it.. and of course he was relieved to find out that Santa would in fact pencil that gift back in!!

2 comments:

Pickle said...

Bribery always works a treat. I am sure that Father Christmas is watching many young kids all over the world at the moment as the kids play their parents up!

christhadasister said...

How early in the year can you start using the Santa card anyway?? Be nice if it worked all year!