Saturday, November 26, 2005

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree, thy leaves are so unreal!!

We got our Christmas tree today.. at Home Depot.. it came in a box.. I've never had a fake tree, in fact, it goes against everything that I believe in.. which happens to be that the only tree you should have in your home, be cut down, and die for you on the holiday. But in an effort to spare the kids I watch some agony, I've opted for a fake one this year. This was my husbands dream come true.. he's wanted a fake one our entire relationship, but I've never caved. Growing up, my grandparents grew Christmas trees. It's been one of my favorite childhood memories, going over and walking through their yard with all the trees. They had customers that would come by months before the holiday to tag their tree. It was part of their livelihood, they grew trees and corn.. But this year, I've been worried about my young 9 month old, very mobile, very apt to put anything in her mouth niece. So, I thought what better way to spare the poor child of any nasty painful pine needles, than to insure that the tree I got would never drop anything dangerous on floor that might make it's way to her mouth.. That solves one problem.. a bigger one is making sure she doesn't pull it down on top of herself.. Ugh.. it's going to be a long holiday season!!

2 comments:

Ezili said...

OH! You really ARE a good auntie! I too love the real trees but I think you'll find the fake one is easier to dismantle at the end of the holiday season, if that's any comfort.

christhadasister said...

You're such a good aunt!!! Thank you for thinking of my little miss and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't pull that big beautiful tree down on top of herself! She loves to test gravity- "what will happen if I throw my bottle on the ground?" That's right, mommy will pick it up, time and time again!