Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Yet another blond moment..

Today was career day at my son's school. His teacher sent something home about it yesterday. The kids could dress like whoever they might want to be when they grow up. He told me that he wanted to be a teacher, so we decided last night that he would wear a tie, and a nice shirt. It would look quite teacher like (at least that's what his teacher dad wears, and he always looks so handsome!) Anyway, this morning, in the rush and caos of our house, my son asked me if he could pick out his clothes. Sure, no problem. He came down in a Buzz Lightyear sweatshirt, and some pants. I thought.. how handsome.. I didn't think "shit, it's career day, you don't want to be Buzz Lightyear when you grow up right?" Yea, that just totally escaped me. It didn't dawn on me til about 2 hours after he had caught the bus, when my younger son was watching a Barney show and there was some kid on it wearing a tie! And then I felt like crying. I don't know where my head is at sometimes. I swear, someday I'm going to just forget that I even have children who depend on me to keep my head out of my ass.. Ugh..I can't wait for the day when my kid can help me keep all of this straight!!

2 comments:

christhadasister said...

Awww! Don't feel bad, I'm sure there were other kids in his class dressed up as super heroes, because at 5, that's what most kids want to be!

Anonymous said...

I would like to point out that Buzz is an astronaut, a cartoon astronaut, but an astronaut. You just need to introduce him to the real Buzz (Aldrin) who was the second man to walk on the moon.