Friday, May 12, 2006

I'm feeling so much better, thank you..
I went to the half doctor yesterday, mainly because I could barely walk and I wasn't sure if I was going to get to see the Reiki Master. He did an adjustment on my hips, and the arch in my left foot. It's no secret how I feel about feet, so I was floored when he told me to take off my shoe and sock.. ick. Of course I wasn't prepared (hairy legs, clammy feet..) But he promised me he didn't care.. I believed him.. afterall he's a professional, and I'm sure he's had worse looking feet! Soon after I made the appt with the 1/2 dr., the Reiki Master called, and I went to see her today. It was an amazingly relaxing hour.. she has a massage table in her tiny apartment, which I laid on- in total comfort I might add! And she just moved her hands over me.. and I almost fell asleep. All she wanted in return was a pound of coffee from Dunkin Donuts! Talk about a good trade!
She want's me to come back in a couple of days.. Not a problem!
In other news.. My husband has a job interview next week.. He loves the job he has, but the pay in this district is way better.. and seeing as how we're becoming such a huge family soon.. the extra money will be extremely helpful! The only problem is that there are a ton of applicants. He has an advantage in that the art teacher who is leaving, gave him a letter of reference (he did his student teaching with her) And his sister works for the SAU so he gets the scoop on pretty much anything going on. I think he said there were about 50 applicants or so, and they are interviewing only 9. I'm just praying he gets it, but I believe that things happen for a reason, and that it'll be ok if he doesn't..
So, tomorrow is my youngest sons 3rd birthday (officially) I've been begging my oldest son not to talk about it..since the little one thought it was last week, and now he's talking about having a transformer birthday.. Ugh.. I'm thinking we'll take him out in the morning to his favorite breakfast place.. that'll be a special thing for him...
Oh, and Mother's Day.. ahh.. my day of rest.. I'm hoping.. anyone remember my mother's day last year?? I don't think he'll make that mistake again.. My son came home from school today with a gift that he made in school. It was a clay pot with something growing in it (he told me they were dandelions.. how cute!) And a book about me! It was very sweet, and of course I'm going to save it along with all the other things he's brought home from school.. My youngest son was upset that he didn't get one too.. I told him that when he's a mother someday, he can have one too! He was fine with that! That kid cracks me up!

1 comment:

Ezili said...

A book about you--how often does THAT happen?? How sweet! Make sure you save all those special things that you will be getting through the school years. The kids love to look at them when they are older and still have big smiles on their faces when you tell them all about those times. And YOU are going to have them quadrupled!!!!