Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A Better Day..

My husband was up early this morning, doing laundry, and last night after I left for work, he did the dishes, and got the kids their dinner. He did all this without saying a word to me. Which is fine, he knows at moments like this, it's better to just not talk to me. I always end up saying something that will just throw him over the edge (no matter how justified it might be). He left this morning, with "bye" under his breath.. I wasn't up to talking to him yet anyway, so it worked out.
I had to go to my dr's today and have more blood drawn.. I was just there last Thursday having my diabetes screening, and some idiot forgot to include on my lab order to check my iron level. The only thing I've really been worried about. I understand these things happen, and I wasn't too upset. It got my youngest and I out of the house for a bit.. with an excuse to do some shopping afterwards. This is what brings a smile to my face when I'm pissed at my hubby.. buying some clothes!! Which I need desperately. I got a ton of maternity clothes from my friends, but as it turns out, I'm much bigger than they ever got, and I've still got 2-3 months to go.. But I found some cute things, and my son and I each got a Happy Meal afterwards.. yes, I got one too, but it was so that I could get my oldest son the toy in it.. heaven forbid he got off the bus and saw his brother with something new, and nothing for him.
So, my husband came home after school today with a car full of baby stuff. The teachers at his school had a baby shower for him! I thought that was very sweet, and I was glad that he had to go through a baby shower.. this is his first one. I find them to be totally nerve racking.. it's hard for me to be the center of attention like that, and I'm guessing it must have been impossible for him! I'm not sure how they ran the baby shower, but he hadn't opened a thing! That broke the silence between us, and we opened the gifts together. He hasn't apologized, and I don't think he will, but we hugged, and both agreed that we weren't mad anymore.. Now we're starting to plan the girls room.. My youngest is going to be bunking with his brother soon, and I've got to pick out paint to make the babies room girly!! It's currently painted blueberry shake, and has a large Buzz Lightyear drawn on the wall.. I'm thinking a soft lilac..or subtle pink.. I can't wait to get all girly!! After 6 years with boys..this is going to be fun!!

No comments: