Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My husband got the call from the school last night. He didn't get the job. Which is totally fine.. but of course he was feeling like a loser. Fortunately, he found out from his sister who works in the SAU office, that they gave it to someone who already works in the school. This made him feel a lot better, they knew before they even started interviewing that the job was going to this person. It was basically just a formality, they had to interview other people even though they knew who was getting it. It happens all the time.
In other news.. my oldest son is home today.. he woke up with a nasty cough and we've decided he could take a day to rest. And what is he doing right now?? Playing transformers with his brother..hardly restful! Tomorrow he's going to feel fine.. they're having a Grandparents Luncheon tomorrow at his school, and he can hardly wait. My mom, and mother in law are going for some cafeteria style American chop suey.. yum! They'll be happy just to get to sit with him, and see him in his school environment.
On Thursday I'm going for my glucose tolerance test at my ob's. I've always passed it, so I'm sure this time will be no different. I don't look forward to the nasty drink that I'll be consuming.. or the blood draw. My youngest son is going to be with me, I'm sure that he'll handle it just fine. He's been with me to the chiropractor twice, and if he can sit through watching his mother get adjusted, then a little needle won't scare him away. I'm also having another ultrasound.. they discovered last week that both the girls are breech. Although I'm told they still have room to move. I can't imagine that being true though.. they are both 14 inches long and weigh 2.5 lbs. I'm guessing any rolling around is pretty much out of the question.. but we'll see. I know they have about 3 weeks or so to get into their final position until birth.. I've been having a terrible pain under my left rib for quite some time, which I've discovered was the baby's head hitting me in the ribs- the one who had been breech for some time. Now I've got the pain under both of my ribs, with both their heads just bobbing underneath. It sometimes feels as though the flesh is raw.. it sucks..
Ok, enough complaining.. Now I have to get some laundry done around the house.. that way I'll feel a lot less guilty when I lay down on the couch for my mid morning "rest"..

No comments: