Thursday, May 18, 2006

Had some company today..

We had some company today after school. Our neighbor's kid, who is the same age as my oldest came running over right after my son got off the bus.. Slightly annoyed because I was ready to go back inside and lay down for a bit.. but whatever, my son was thrilled to have her over, and I thought it would be ok for a few minutes.. But then she got bored with our swingset, and the next thing I know, my son is telling me that he's going over to her house.. um, ok. But come back in a little bit. I should have said no.. what the hell? I'm the parent.. But I quickly came up with something to do, and went over to get him. He was on their swingset (which is one of those metal ones.. yuck, not a nice wood one like ours.. but whatever..)
So, we left, and brought some lovely lilacs to one of my co-workers (her favorite flower, and we have a ton in our yard) Then I brought them for a haircut. We went to supersluts again.. while I love the place I go, they don't take debit cards and I didn't have cash or my checkbook on me. Anyway, they look very handsome with their new doo's, and they are just tickled because they got a lollipop. And who do we see running across the yard when we get home?? Our little neighbor.. great! This is the kid who's mom had asked me if I could babysit her this summer.. I hadn't heard anything back from her.. but apparently, she's found a way for me to babysit no matter what! When I told my son he had to come in for dinner, she asked if she could come too. I had to tell her to go home.. I'm not sure if I'm quite down with her, she seems like trouble.. I just hope she doesn't make this a daily thing.. but I'm thinking she might.. lord help me!

1 comment:

Ezili said...

You're going to have to be firm about your naptimes. You NEED them! Don't let some little rugrat in the neighborhood rob you of those. I'm so glad reiki is helping you to be more comfortable...poor baby!