Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Another night out, and the 3 piggy opera

Last night went a lot better with the girls, and this morning I woke up rather refreshed.. thank goodness..
Tonight I am meeting a friend of mine for dinner in Portsmouth. I feel like I'm cheating because I just went out.. like I don't yet deserve another night away from the kiddo's.. although clearly, if we were to keep track on who goes out more.. my dear husband would win hands down.. He was happy to see me off tonight..with the girls screaming about my departure, and the boys rolling around on the floor, and poor mr. fern just starring blankly.. left alone to watch the season finale of American Idol alone..
Tomorrow night I have the night off from work, and we're all going to see my first grader in his class play "The 3 Piggy Opera" I can't wait. He's the pig in the straw house.. and he has a solo!! They did a production of it today for the rest of the school, and he got off the bus this afternoon in almost all of the face paint for the play, but smudged terribly. At first glance, my heart sank, as it looked like my little man had been in his first fist fight.. But alas it was just his pig makeup.. Anyway, I'm off to enjoy a quiet night without my family.. ahhhh... that sounds so nice!!

1 comment:

christhadasister said...

The 3 piggy opera was great! Little miss had so much fun, though she said the whole way home that she was afraid of the costume.. in fact, this morning she was talking about how she scared she was of the "costume"... I'm hoping I haven't ruined halloween for her!