Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Potty Training Update..

My youngest son is almost officially, all the way potty trained.. and boy is he proud of himself! As he should be, it's a big deal! I'm very excited that he's finally doing his business on the potty! It has been a bit tricky this week going anywhere.. but of course I can't be a recluse.. I have to get out.. things to do.. pick flowers..visit old people.. ya know.. So, today when we were at my mother in laws, he had to go.. but he said he would wait til he got home. He refuses to pee on the toilet, only on his little potty at home, which he places wherever he likes.. But it's becoming apparent that he isn't going to be able to hold it, and I remember one other place he will pee.. Outside. So we run out to the back yard, strip him down, and there he goes..
Now, this kid has a bladder of steel, much like his brother. He has had days that he hasn't gone til lunch time.. I don't ever remember having a bladder like that! So, I think we're in the clear til we get home.. well, it's not even 20 minutes later, and he's running around like he's got to go again.. and I tell him he's going to have to use the toilet (which by the way is new, and one of those high standing ones for older people who can't squat like they used to..) So, I run him into the bathroom, where he sees this gy-normous toilet, and just pisses right there.. all over her bathroom floor, his shorts, and shoes.. oh well.. accidents happen.. So, I guess outside would have been a better place to go, since it worked before.. I don't know why I try to control that boy! Sorry buddy!

No comments: