Monday, May 14, 2007

Cankle Update...

I saw the orthopedist today.. a young man, probably late 20's early 30's.. he seemed a tad surprised when he came in and saw me.. His first words "I thought I read something about you having 4 kids??" Yea, that's right.. hard to believe, right? Such a young thing?? So pretty.. Hah!

Anyway, after a few xrays, and questions, and him touching my foot (which, btw, I hated.. nothing grosses me out more than someone touching my feet, your feet, or anyones feet..) He determined that I've got high arches and for that reason, my ankle turns out, and over the years (and pregnancies) it has put a lot of pressure on my tendon, in turn giving me tendonitis.. I'm now wearing an insert in my shoes (which I hate.. it's almost summer, and I can't wear my comfy flip flops..instead, hot smelly sweaty sneaks!) Yuck..

I have to go back in 6 weeks to see if it's improved.. It already feels better, more stable I guess. So, lets see if I wear sneakers til the end of June! doubt it!

No comments: