Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Last Day of Summer Vacation..

This is what I told my oldest son this morning when he woke up. I can't believe another school year is about to start. 2nd grade too, when he did he get so big??
I'm so blessed though, to have such a thoughtful and caring son. He is so excited about going back to school. This is an emotion that I'm not even close to understanding. The only memories I have of summer ending and the first day back at school, was dread. Total and udder dread. I'm so glad that he hasn't inherited that neurosis from me.. Instead he's all about the positive, and the fun. Such a sweet boy..
My youngest son, I am quite pleased to report, starts pre school next week! Grace be to the Gods (or whatever that phrase is..) I am seriously looking forward to starting the schooling chapter on that boy! It's going to be so good for him. I am, however, a bit nervous about how his teachers and classmates are going to understand what he's saying. He's barely intelligible (so says his IEP) so I called the school yesterday, per the advice of every ones advocate- blogless (love you dear!!) to ask them how they were going to handle communicating with him, since his translator (a.k.a. my oldest son) has plans of his own this fall and won't be accompanying his little brother to pre school. They invited me in to meet with his teacher and go over what they do. Which apparently is a lot of journaling to try and get a better understanding of his phonetic sounds.
Anyway, I've got to pack lunch for my big boy, and get to bed.. Oh, and did I mention.. we have a second showing on our house tomorrow.. ugh. Yea, I thought we were taking it off the market too.. whatever.. I'm sure I'll have plenty to post on that later!

No comments: