Friday, August 17, 2007

Yard Sale..

We are having a yard sale tomorrow.. I hate yard sales..I hate going to them, and I hate having them even more.. so, why are we having a yard sale? Well, when we thought we had sold our house, and were moving, we decided we would gather up some of our shit, try to sell it, and maybe make some money that we could put toward the movers, then whatever we didn't sell, we would just toss in the dumpster we were planning on getting..
So here we are, the day of what was to be our closing, and we have a bunch of "stuff" that we've put into boxes, that now either need to be sold, or tossed.. So, since we're poor, and since the boys have been quite excited about the prospect of making a little money of their own, we are set to go.. btw, the boys have gathered up bits and pieces of toys, and games that are missing most of the parts, or that they got free in Happy Meals.. nice.
Here is what I hate most about having a yard sale: Strangers rummaging through your shit, saying that it's in fact shit. I know, why do you think I tossed it out on my lawn for you idiots?? If it wasn't shit, it would be in my house! Or, people trying to offer you 10 cents instead of a quarter for that random plate. C'mon.. But then, there's all the work you have to do getting ready for it.. which I have done none of, like pricing stuff, and bringing it out of the basement. Ugh. If I wasn't on this stupid diet (that I haven't mentioned) then I would be buying the biggest bottle of wine I could find, and try to get it all done as I chug a lug. But since I'm trying to be good, and shed a few pounds that I so unwillingly gained, then I guess I'll try to do it while sipping on my 15th bottle of water.. ugh.. this is going to be such a fun weekend! Oh, and my husband is quite sure he's dying (or at least afflicted with some sort of nasty infection that is causing him to blow green and orange snot- nice!) So, he'll be off to the ER when I am home from work.. so I'll be doing all this yard sale stuff alone, oh, and getting 4 kids to bed.. ugh. Screw the diet.. I'm really gonna need a drink!

2 comments:

Leigh said...

that sounds like quite a day. funny about the kids putting parts of their toys out and happy meal toys :) I would definitely have that drink. Just think of the calories you'll have burned by the end of the day! Hope you make some cash!

Granite said...

Too many yard sales have a table layed out with an array of useless dirty glass bottles and vases.

My favorite yard sale I went to was one where they had an electric organ set up for sale and it was plugged in for play. I sat down and improvised my best funeral dirges. People there clearly hated what I was playing.