Monday, August 13, 2007

Our lovely little weekend...

We had our 3rd annual camping trip with my husband's family this past weekend. It was a lot of fun, and I wish we could have gone for a longer time.. I didn't make it last year as I was about to give birth to the twins, and my son loves to remind me every time he can, how I cried when they called me at home.. yes, I was a bit emotional and sad to be missing out on our family trip.. But I didn't miss it this year.. although the twins did.. My mom stayed home with them, as they are too young yet to enjoy camping.. not to mention the amount of work it would have been having them with us! I did miss them (just a little, seriously, just a bit) But man, we are paying for it now.. they were soooo clingy today, I couldn't leave their sight for a minute without them having a total meltdown. Payback for leaving them behind!
So, anyway, the boys had a great time. Their older cousin (she's 10) was there with another friend. The boys adore her. Their younger cousin was there too, she's 3, and her brother, the newest member of our family, who is almost 5 months old. I got an extra treat in that blogless was there with her family, so I got to hang out with them too... On a pretty funny note, something that would happen to only blogless... she was returning home today with her girls, and her very fancy, wonderful pop up tent, when approaching her house, coming up a hill, she heard a snap, and looked in the rear view.. there goes her camper, right down the hill! Into her neighbor's driveway, stopping nicely on a tree stump, and luckily not in their house! I don't know how the tow guy got it out, but I'm looking forward to that story as well!
Anyhoo, I'm now at work, and should probably be doing some workly things.. Oh, and I've decided that my husband and I need a new mattress. I can sleep on the ground in an air mattress or in my youngest sons twin bed (which I had to do last night because the older one on the top bunk had nightmare and freaked out) but I am rather comfortable on all those surfaces
but when I get into my own bed, my back ends up killing me.. Ugh.. Of course I'll NEVER get a new mattress.. $$$$ unless someone gives me one.. Ok, gotta go!

No comments: