Monday, August 20, 2007

The yard sale wasn't a total bust.. however, we did manage to unload more shit when we put it on the curb for free (surprise surprise) We made enough money to take the family out to breakfast Sunday morning.. so about 40 bucks.. totally worth all the time and effort! Hah!
The night of the yard sale was spent with me juggling the 4 kids, while my darling husband slept soundly.. oh, and btw, he never did go the ER Friday night, and miraculously woke up Saturday morning feeling tip top. For some reason all 4 of my kids slept like shit Sat. night. My four year old was the worst. His first wake up was so that he could change his perfectly clean, perfectly dry underwear.. I have no idea why, but I did it without asking questions.. it's definitely not worth arguing with that one in the middle of the night.. Anyway, it proceeded from there, with constant "MOM" or babies screaming.. I haven't had a night like that in ages!
Anyway, we spent yesterday at a memorial service for a great uncle I don't remember.. It was held at the same place my husband and I were married.. I tried being all nostalgic with the boys, telling them how this is where it all started.. yada yada.. they didn't care.. they were more interested in sliding on their knees on the very shiny dance floor. Yes, this place was not a church, but a ballroom.. very romantic! Anyway, I was happy to see other kids there, my dad insisted there would be some there.. as I was a bit nervous about bringing 4 kids to a memorial service.. but it was definitely more of a party atmosphere than a funeral.. which I guess is what my great uncle would have wanted. Not that I personally know that, because I didn't even know what the man looked like! I think my dad wanted to show off his twin daughters, his twin grandbabies, and the twin boys on the way.. There was a moment during the service when we were ALL introduced.. and the whole "twin" thing, got a collective gasp.. I love when we turn up the freak factor! jeez..
All in all, it was a decent weekend.. I'm happy that the yard sale is over, and happier still that the kids slept much better last night!

1 comment:

christhadasister said...

Not only a "collective gasp" but I think there was applause as well (talk about freak factor!)