Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tea Party..

I got an invitation to a tea party today. Yes, a tea party.. It came from a parent at my youngest sons new preschool, someone I've never met. It's a get to know one another thing.. In a swanky neighborhood down the street from me. I'm not sure I'm going to go.. First, I don't drink tea (sure I know there will probably be other things besides tea, duh) second, homes that I could fit my cute little condex in four times are intimidating.. and people with the money it takes to own one of those homes intimidate me as well. This may stem back to my late teens, early twenties where I spent my summers cleaning for rich people, in their big houses..I always despised their good fortune.. I know, envy sucks..
Anyway, I'm guessing I'll muster up the courage and go.. for my boy. I'm also hoping to find someone who would like to car pool with me. We'll see.. Lots of new things are heading our way.. should be interesting (to say the least!)

1 comment:

christhadasister said...

You should go... most of these moms are probably just bored and lonely. They would enjoy your parenting tales, plus networking with them might be advantageous for you!