Monday, March 03, 2008

Mondays suck.

School vacation has come and gone.. it sucked. One of the twins was sick (and still is) with a fever all week. She's been glued to me for 6 straight days! It's been exhausting. Today my youngest came home from preschool with a fever, and I'm sure the other twin will be getting it any second now. It's just the kind of family we are.. we like to share!
Today I started getting back into my routine.. which I am totally sick of. I can't believe I have another 3-4 months of hauling my kid to school, and to his speech.. seriously, I don't know how I'm going to do it! It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to haul the babies with us, but since the law frowns on you leaving your children unattended at home, I really have no choice.
I decided to try and be productive while my son was at his speech appointment, so I drove to the next town over to get a copy of his birth certificate so that I can finally enroll him in kindergarten for next year. I got to the town hall, practically parked in a snow bank, got the babies out safely, despite being parked near a two lane road and having to maneuver through the snow. Got inside, and found out that they don't take debit cards (and of course I didn't have my check book with me). WTF? Who doesn't take debit cards?? Dunkin Donuts will, for my $2 coffee, and so will the drug store for my $3 prescription. But the town hall.... NOOOOO.. The town clerk told me that I could use the ATM across the street. Which would mean loading the babies back in the car, driving across the street, and then coming back and trying not to kill myself and the kids to get back inside. I guess I'll be registering him another day!
Other than that, I'm hanging on to Friday.. My husband and I are going away for the night, in honor of his birthday (and really, I just need a straight 8 hours!)

No comments: