Thursday, March 27, 2008

When the Cat's Away.. the mouse has to do everything!

My husband is en route to New Mexico. He forgot his airborne, so I'm sure he's freaking out on the plane thinking about all those germs stewing in the cabin. Poor neurotic putz. And I mean that in the most loving way, I feel for him, and how worried he gets over things. But he's a big boy, he'll be fine.

He left for 4 nights, and packed everything he needed in a knapsack. Funny. On our over night trip a couple of weeks ago, I packed an entire suitcase! What if I didn't like the clothes I brought?? He's lucky not to be burdened with low self esteem!

I'm dreading our morning tomorrow. I hear we're getting snow, which could mean a delay or a cancellation. I would be fine with this. Mornings are insane, trying to get my oldest son on the bus, getting breakfast, starting the fire. It's much easier to do all this if we can all stay in our pajamas! Dressing 4 kids, and myself is not something I enjoy doing at 7 a.m.

Anyway, I'm planning on getting the kids to bed at a reasonable hour tonight, enjoying a nice glass of wine, finish up a sign that I'm making, and watch all the TLC and HGTV that I want! That is one lame ass plan, but I'm going to love every second of it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds like the perfect night. if only it could last for hours and hours and hours without the inevitable exhaustion. alone watching whatever tv you want and just hanging out. alone. (it's the alone part that I crave.)(not that I don't love hangin' with the hub, but alone time is way tooooo rare.)