Monday, March 10, 2008

Wood..

We got our third cord of wood delivered today. We were down to the last few pieces of the 2nd cord, so when the "wood guy" called me back today, I was thrilled.
He actually calls himself that. The Wood Guy.. that's not the name of his business, but just how he addresses himself. "Hi, this is the Wood Guy.." Ok.. He's a nice guy, although the last time we got wood from him (which was actually the first time) he showed up to our house totally hammered. In his defense, he wasn't driving.. he doesn't have a license, I guess most hardcore alcoholics don't!
Today however, when my husband went outside to meet him, I guess he was sober. Good for him! Although considering he only delivered the wood an hour ago, and he's already cashed the check, I'm betting he's not out buying groceries! Anyway, the wood was dumped in a much more convenient location for us this time as there wasn't 10 inches of snow on the ground. That might make it easier for my husband to stack it. He didn't stack the last cord, and it sat under a tarp in our driveway, and we hauled it inside piece by piece.. it was a pain in the ass!

No comments: