Thursday, August 28, 2008

I've been so busy the last couple of days with school starting, taking care of my sister's kids (without my husband around) and trying to get ready to go camping tomorrow..

My oldest had his 2nd day of 3rd grade today. He had a great day yesterday, although he came home in tears because I wouldn't buy him a new webkin and he was going to have to wait until today because today is payday. Then my 5 year old had his kindergarten open house, which only made him cry once, when they said that the kids were going to take a small bus ride, WITHOUT the parents.. Luckily one of the aides in the classroom just grabbed his hand and lead him away. He was fine after that. He doesn't officially start until next Wednesday (I thought it was Tuesday.. ugh, but I guess I can wait another day before I send him off to school, I'm trying to contain my disappointment here.. ) Anyway, I'm surprised to say that I've really been missing my husband. Surprised only because normally, by the end of the summer, I am counting the days til he returns to school. But this summer he was actually a big help to me. I know, it surprised me too! He's not camping with us this weekend, but he's staying home with the girls. I'm looking forward to just having the boys to take care of and maybe enjoy this trip! Of course blogless will be joining us, so that will make it even more enjoyable..

So, here's a picture of my handsome 3rd grader.. I haven't taken one of his brother yet, as he hasn't officially started.. Oh, and on a different note, I am currently blogging while 4 of the 6 kids are napping! Yeah!!

No comments: