Sunday, August 17, 2008

Our Anniversary Lobster Fest..

So my husband and I had a great dinner at Cartelli's in Dover.. and enjoyed the company of my older sister and her husband.. we then headed home to find all of the kids camped out on the living room floor. It looked like a possible disaster had taken place, but my mom said they just wanted to sleep there, and when you're the sitter, I don't care what you have to do to make your night as simple as possible.
Today we had our lobster. Yum. We got it at the basket, where they so kindly, steam them for you (free of charge as well). That has to be the worst part, putting those poor animals in a vat of boiling water, so I was quite pleased not to have to do that. I also got steamers, baked potatoes, and corn on the cob. The boys didn't want to join us at the kitchen table as the smell was making them ill. So the kids had their mac and cheese, and corn on the cob in the living room, and my husband and I enjoyed a wonderful seafood feast at the table without either one of us crying, or complaining that we didn't like was what being served. It was heavenly.
Currently the girls are watching Dora the Explorer, and having their before bed time milk, the boys are up in their room playing with their webkinz before bed. My husband is at yet another show, and in about 15 minutes, I'll have the couch, and the t.v. to myself.. I can barely wait!

2 comments:

McPolack said...

Happy anniversary!!! It was so good to see you at the wedding. I was hoping to cut some moves with you on the dance floor but I think you'd already gone to your rock star husband's show.

When I worked at Shaw's, we put the lobsters in this microwave-like contraption. Strangely, they did not explode, and their screams were muffled.

I'm just kidding about the screaming.

Unknown said...

I know, I wish I had been able to cut it up on the dance floor as well.. but sadly, that didn't happen..
That's funny you mention the screaming of the lobsters, I made my boys come in the kitchen when I was cooking the steamers, to listen "very carefully" to their screaming.. Course I told them I was kidding.. but it still didn't make them want to eat with us in the kitchen!