Friday, December 28, 2007

2 Years Ago Today..

I found out that I was pregnant with twins. I remember seeing the look on the doctor's face as she moved the ultrasound wand on my belly, a rather suspicious look.. and then when she said "Well, I see one.." And then the panic my husband was thrown into.. and the sheer excitement that I felt.. twins! Holy shit!

And here we are, 2 years later, countless nights with no sleep, hundreds and hundreds of diapers, what seems to be millions and millions of bottles of milk.. about a ton of spit up on and over my shoulder.. hours of crying, days of rocking and bouncing babies up and down.. I don't know how we survived.. but we have.
It won't be long when I'll be reminiscing about the girls being toddlers.. And all the great stories.. Like today when one of the girls pulled her sister down to the ground by her hair just to get the plastic spoon she was playing with. Or how this morning, I woke up with both of them in my bed and found one of them laying right on top of her sister. Just cuddling. They are sympathetic to each others pain as well. One was having a tantrum the other day for some unknown reason, and the other one went over and just put her arms around her and gave her a hug. Unfortunately this only incensed the twin having the tantrum, and she rejected her hug and basically body slammed her to the ground.. Yes, I have become a referee! I'm thankful to know that these times are so fleeting.. I can't imagine what my life is going to be like when these babies are no longer babies, and are instead 2 more kids in my family.. talking to me non stop!

No comments: