Thursday, December 27, 2007

Lots of Wood..

We got a cord of wood delivered today. It's a lot of wood, and our wood stove is toasty and roaring! We're going to see how long this lasts us, then we might opt for the recycled cardboard logs, or possibly another option.
My husband spent almost 4 hours outside in the rain moving it from the driveway to the backyard. I felt terrible for him. Seeing him soaking wet with our wheel barrel going back and forth.. But then I looked around at our house, which looks like a toy store threw up in my living room, and my 2 baby girls who aren't finding any peace or joy this holiday season, and the 2 boys who are most certainly old enough to understand the concept of an indoor voice, but can't seem to apply it, and I thought.. lucky fucker!!
Oh well.. at least it's going to be warm and toasty and we can have that campfire feel all winter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when I was back in Rochester(NY), and we somehow got an apartment with a wood stove (unheard of in college living), I used to bring home wood pallets from work to burn for heat. We would smash them up with hacksaws and hammers.

They were always pine, burned fast, and were probably bad for the chimney... but hey, they were free.

The next day we would scrape out all the leftover nails and start all over.