Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Wood Whore..

That's what I've become.. and not in the sense that would please my husband, but the wood burning whore. My older sister brought me some wood yesterday, and I've had a fire going ever since. We're about to run out though, and I feel like an addict needing to get a fix. I offered to run to the grocery store to buy a bundle of over priced campfire wood tonight to which my husband laughed and told me that I would get my wood, but probably not til the end of week, or sometime next week. It won't be in the budget til then..
I am loving the whole wood burning atmosphere having a stove going creates. I've lived her for over 5 years, and we've had a fire here and there, but for the majority of the time, I've honestly just wanted to get rid of it. Fear of chimney fires and children burning their extremities on it just made it seem foolish to even have one. However, some good friends let us borrow a gate, so the kids can't even get close to it. And I can totally rock it out when it comes to getting it going. I came home from work tonight and my husband was having a hard time getting it to burn.. I blew on it for like 20 seconds, repositioned it slightly, and there you go.. Wow, I really do sound like a whore! Haha!! Good night..

5 comments:

Robin said...

I stumbled across your blog tonight...you are hysterical. Thanks for the laughs!

Leigh said...

you aren't a wood whore, you're a pyro! :) That is awesome that you are enjoying it so much. We talk about getting one someday. My aunt and uncle put a pot of water on top of it so that the air gets humidified at the same time.

Unknown said...

Thank you Robin..that is very nice of you to say.. And Leigh, I am a total pyro, when you said that, it totally clicked.. well, what's one more issue?? hah!

Granite said...

fireplaces are awesome. I miss having one

Anonymous said...

Xianfern, I can't tell from this entry if you have a wood stove or a fireplace. If you're in NH, like me, wood stoves are the best. Especially when one pays Buxton Oil $485 for a minimum fill like I did the week before Christmas (ouch) Anyway, my husband found these guys, and bought 10 boxes of these for $100. They take a little getting used to, but the heat they put out in our little wood stove is terrific. The only downside is you have to go to Merrimack to pick them up yourself. I'm planning to ask my friends at Truevalue to see if they'll carry them?
http://www.hfstaples.com/Pages/Products/Logik-e.htm